To promote the culture of medical volunteerism through exchange of information and ideas on volunteerism and contribute to the betterment of the public health for all people.
- To maintain the highest standards of editorial integrity
- To publish original, important, well-documented, peer-reviewed articles on a diverse range of medical volunteer topics
- To provide information on medical volunteer interventions, methods and outcomes.
- To improve health care nationally and internationally by enhancing awareness of unmet needs and interventions that address better access, quality, disease prevention and research for underserved people.
- To foster responsible and balanced debate on issues that affect health care
- To anticipate important issues and trends in medical volunteerism.
- To inform readers about aspects of medical volunteerism encompassing topics which include the political, philosophic, ethical, legal, environmental, economic, historical, experiential and cultural aspects of public health.
- To link potential volunteers to both ongoing and planned outreach activities.